Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Smoky Quiet Lunch @ Far East

It's not all about food… it all about the topic guys are having during lunch. P wanted to have cock fight chicken in his wife's place in Ilocos Norte. One of the Filipino employees will be home by next week and promised to give 2 cock fight chicken and J, Service 2 will send 5 from his farm in Mindanao. Their conversation went well until S, PG Foreman talked about his farm in the mountainous area in Bayoc, Zamboaga del Sur. To give you a background these guys I mentioned are cock fight chicken breeder (business back home), they engaged in export and import of this particular animal.. They even spend I think 100 thousand pesos for the monthly feeds and vitamins. Oh well, to make the story short and precise to the title. S told us that  a group of men taking care of his mango farm in exchange of monthly supplies of foodies such as noodles, sardines, rice or whatever he have in his land. Who are they???!!!... Our co-Filipino chose to live at the mountain for their political belief and ideal.  No, I did not condemn those Filipino instead I do believe we don’t have really perfect political set up and No, I’m not a patriotic person either. But in their conversation my being a military wife side come out and stand without thinking I said to them when S told  " mabait naman sila (they are nice)… me: Yah! That’s why they asking you for mandatory revolutionary tax and why are you hiding your cock fight chicken in the urban area it because those nice people might grab those or to be nicer will ask your permission whether yes or no they will get those… right??!! Yah… you are absolutely right… they are nice." Everybody look at me like a criminal (looks that saying “keep your mouth shut”).
Don’t get me wrong people.. I hate to talk about politics since I’ve been away home for how many years now and serving US military instead of my own. But whenever I’m “home” I feel and see the difference how our young military officer trying to change our lives.
My lunch was smoky because I do feel the predicament of being a soldier and quiet because I can’t do anything to ease those…

No comments:

Post a Comment

What can you say...