Monday, December 6, 2010

Recession? Insecurities? Whatever!

When did you feel the recession? I mean the global recession. To tell the truth hasn’t felt this until last week. I was come from an American company for 2 years; The Company drowned me for lots of perks and high salary. Though I read and watched the recession news on AFN channel I am not worried since I have a good job.  I am blessed to have 2 years with the company before the dawned come. We lost the contract and we are being offered the same salary but fewer freebies in the successor company.  I signed to the company for 1 year contract. Though, never got a company-culture-shock since we just continue our job but with different policy, regulation and BOSS.
And now my time is up! Next week will be my last week in the company. I asked permission from M to sign for another contract and promised to be the last.  I signed for an extension after he agreed upon and file for rnr this New Year so I can spend New Year with them in the Philippines.  Everything went well until my co officemates email me that they offered super low salary as in not even close to ¼ of my salary right now.  So I was really shocked! I feel that we’re betrayed by this company.  Hate to say this, but they just use us to establish the relationship and services to the military through us. They knew we are ready to jump to other company who also won from the bidding who offered us less salary (not really that low unlike what they offering us today) but good perks or freebies. So maybe that was the reason why all of the sudden the recruiter offered us the same salary before. Now, my entire Balkans co workers are having a 2nd thought to sign.  We perform multi task job, like me… aside from being an Admin personnel I am also operation and foreman sometimes when we need to… I drive forklift and pull ropes to be able to rise up a tent.
HR did not understand that… they feel that our salary is now being a center what we so called “unjust and unfair to others.” Ok.. fine! We are being treated as black sheep from the headquarters because of being our stubbornness but accept it… we are the reason why the KAF O&M dept still on top despite of what happening in the other Site. That’s the result of our good salary.
I hate whining maybe it’s time for us to go home since most of the old timer been here for 3-7 years. And we must understand the “Super Curb Project” of the US Military or the Company.  Expat/ American are not affected of this recession only the Foreign Nationals.
The only things I can say… good luck to the new employees (our replacements) hope they can cope up with the strict US guidelines, survive the  audits and hope that they can do the mission well like we do and perform 2 to more job in 1 position. I hope that the new salary rate can pay off those because in my case… NOT!!... I rather be home and stay with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What can you say...