Friday, February 11, 2011

The New Me

Well, since I am preggy I would like to take note all the things and foods I'll be dealing for the rest of 9 months. Actually this is my 2nd pregnancy but the last one was a 8 yrs ago and I didnt recalled how it was. I aiming to eat only good for me and my baby.. fo a starter, I'm trying to stop coffee and tea and replace it with juices (so help me god) and fruits. I am really good when it comes to fruits but juices bleh! I am addicted to caffeine. It so hard to bid good bye to Tim Hortons French Vanilla coffee, Green Beans Choco Spicy Chai Tai and Coffee Mocha and say a good hello to milk (yuck!). I hate MILK! but i have to drink it for my baby... I wish I can tolerate the taste and smell becos even I am not pregnant just the smell of a milk it makes me sick... really want to throw up! hope I can get a high in calcium juice or whatever to replace the milk. 
I did some researched where can I be able to get more folic acid and according to what I read I can get this thru:
Pinto Beans - (available here! yey!)
Spinach -  (available here! yey again)
Beef Liver :-(  not available
Lima Beans - If I'm not mistaken this is the white beans ( also available here! yey again)
Kidney Beans - It is the red one ( also available here! yey again)
Parsley - :( not available
Beets - I hate this but no choice for now.. (available every lunch for salad)
Brocolli - I love it! ( available here! yehey!!!!)
Romaine Lettuce - serving of this is not too frequent but still available  maybe by schedule
Bok Choy - serving of this is not too frequent but still available  maybe by schedule
Cantaloupe/Rock Melon - green melon ( available here anytime of the day yehey!)
Orange and Strawberries - Sweet! (always available)
Cabbage - favorite! (always been available)
Low fat yogurt - available every morning.. wish I can get up early so I can grab some of those
Zucchini - cucumber is much tastier and appealing compared to this one.. but no choice!
Whole Wheat bread - welcome breakfast ( Im not a breakfast eater)
Tomato- no issue of this I can eat it.
and my Sis in law told me Okra (Lady Finger) is also a good source of Folic Acid.

This is it for now... let's go chow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What can you say...